MW2 & MW3 detection, when it will be fixed, what you can do now

zebleer

• Administrator

EDIT:

This thread is old news. The MW2/MW3 detection has been fixed, I have hardened against new detections, increased the security of MW2/MW3 & even upgraded performance. Welcome back!

Details: https://www.phantomoverlay.io/forums/topic/2746-mw2-cheat-back-online-mw2mw3-detection-fixed-increased-securityperformance-loader-re-download-required/

Dear Phantom Overlay ? users,

The best cheating experience is cheating & getting away with it on your main account. For over two years, PO has offered this experience on COD. I was hoping to do the same for much longer, but unfortunately there has been a detection & I have lost my main account. I know many of you have lost your main accounts, too.

But, there is still hope & much more info to give you, so please read this full message for all details...

I apologize to all of you for the late response. I wasn't trying to trick you, I was trying to trick the Ricochet team who monitors my announcements. I've known I was detected for a few days now (since first day of MW3 beta). I was acting scared & confused so that they would send bans quickly on the beta so that I could quickly find the detection. My plan worked & I have already found exactly what they detected.

To those of you who would say I "sacrificed" your accounts to get my test results, I didn't. Ricochet detected me on both MW2 and MW3 (since the games are almost identical, so are the cheats). Your bans were already coming. This is why users who only cheated on MW2 are seeing bans from MW3.

"What about the MW2 bans?" Those will probably come soon. Ricochet delays bans by 3-6 weeks to confuse cheat developers. They are sticking to that strategy with MW2 but with MW3 they got desperate to get PO out of the beta.

"Will everyone who injected MW2/MW3 in the last few weeks be banned?" Most of you. Ricochet's detection of PO is very sloppy. They are going to get a lot of false positives & not everyone who used PO will be banned. I'd love to give you all hope by saying they might revert this sloppy detection, but they probably won't.

"When will the detection be fixed?" Soon. MW2 and MW3 injections have been disabled until then.

"I am a MW2 lifetime user... what can I do?" I stopped selling lifetime for MW2 before the summer. You're stuck with me. Wait for fix then start using again on a new account. You may need to use a spoofer before you make a new account if HWID banned.

"I am a MW2 30 day user... what can I do?" You can make a ticket for a swap to a different cheat (we give you enough days on a different cheat that matches what you paid for MW2 30 days), time reset (we put you back at 30 days and pause your time), or refund.

"I am a MW3 lifetime user... what can I do?" You should refund your copy of the game via support or other method. As for your lifetime cheat key, please hold onto it if you trust that I'll have the MW3 cheat ready by game launch (I will).

⚠️ I want it on the record right now that bans could still be coming from this detection after I fix the detection. Ricochet delays bans by 3-6 weeks usually, but I've seen them delay bans by up to 8-10 weeks. The detection will be fixed, but you could still see some ban reports in my chats from people who are getting delayed bans from this detection.

In addition to fixing the detection, I will be going through all of the code and harden it against similar detections. PO will be back, stronger than ever. We outlasted all other major providers by several months and plan to do it again.

SowkaAtomowka

I felt it that it will be detected… that’s why I played beta just 2 games and off, but it was enough… The Ricochet is not as stupid as we think. I have only mw3 beta PB and soo… we will see what’s next. 

Damn.. i just started the 10th of oktober...and now this. I never used PO before but since ranked is unplayable without i just started. I played the beta 2 but not with the application but that doesnt changed anything right?

When was the first detection? Cause if that was before the 10th... wel thats an isseu!

Edited by CHKYBSTRD

So far my account stands firm. No shadowbans and no perma ban! I NEVER played mw3 Beta at all! So hopefully is just that.

Either way, I know exactly what I signed up for since day one. Personally I don’t mind being banned once a year or every 2 years!

I will have back up accounts on my Xbox’s and Ps5’s when those times come! Thanks again PO for ALL you do! 

PS: You should make a RAGING CHEAT for times like these! Call it “PhantomOver-RAGE”

SowkaAtomowka
45 minutes ago, CHKYBSTRD said:

Damn.. i just started the 10th of oktober...and now this. I never used PO before but since ranked is unplayable without i just started. I played the beta 2 but not with the application but that doesnt changed anything right?

When was the first detection? Cause if that was before the 10th... wel thats an isseu!

Same, I just bought first only for ranked play and use it only when i play ranked. And yea as i see it doesn’t change anything. I also played beta 2 times without injection but i play 12 and 14 October. Yesterday I’m not play ranked even beta I played just casual on resurgence without cheat and I received during the game a notification from Steam. And i got vac banned on 1 game - mw3 and perm ban on Acti acc also just for mw3. Soo it must be detected idk 10 maybe 12 of October who knows.

SowkaAtomowka
1 hour ago, heymanjack said:

Yeah... I'm requesting a refund

I requested a refund bout beta 3 and i received an e-mail from steam that they will back my money approx 14 day to my bank account, so it works.

Zeebler, I'd like to say thank you for keeping and maintaining a good product and being true/honest with your userbase. I appreciate the announcement, this is the risk we all take when we use ANY product. I know you'll come back and make it better than ever, I wish you the best.

1 hour ago, SowkaAtomowka said:

I requested a refund bout beta 3 and i received an e-mail from steam that they will back my money approx 14 day to my bank account, so it works.

I mean refund my PO sub

4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Have you guys checked your accounts? My buddy’s bans are gone they received probably cause mw3 is not released yet but able to run mw2 again now

I just checked.. My perma ban was lifted. It looks lke they removed the Beta from the list, (I was only banned on MWIII Beta). Once they removed the Beta, I'm all good to go. Playing Warzone like normal again. Thank god lol.

22 hours ago, zebleer said:

Dear Phantom Overlay ? users,

The best cheating experience is cheating & getting away with it on your main account. For over two years, PO has offered this experience on COD. I was hoping to do the same for much longer, but unfortunately there has been a detection & I have lost my main account. I know many of you have lost your main accounts, too.

But, there is still hope & much more info to give you, so please read this full message for all details...

I apologize to all of you for the late response. I wasn't trying to trick you, I was trying to trick the Ricochet team who monitors my announcements. I've known I was detected for a few days now (since first day of MW3 beta). I was acting scared & confused so that they would send bans quickly on the beta so that I could quickly find the detection. My plan worked & I have already found exactly what they detected.

To those of you who would say I "sacrificed" your accounts to get my test results, I didn't. Ricochet detected me on both MW2 and MW3 (since the games are almost identical, so are the cheats). Your bans were already coming. This is why users who only cheated on MW2 are seeing bans from MW3.

"What about the MW2 bans?" Those will probably come soon. Ricochet delays bans by 3-6 weeks to confuse cheat developers. They are sticking to that strategy with MW2 but with MW3 they got desperate to get PO out of the beta.

"Will everyone who injected MW2/MW3 in the last few weeks be banned?" Most of you. Ricochet's detection of PO is very sloppy. They are going to get a lot of false positives & not everyone who used PO will be banned. I'd love to give you all hope by saying they might revert this sloppy detection, but they probably won't.

"When will the detection be fixed?" Soon. MW2 and MW3 injections have been disabled until then.

"I am a MW2 lifetime user... what can I do?" I stopped selling lifetime for MW2 before the summer. You're stuck with me. Wait for fix then start using again on a new account. You may need to use a spoofer before you make a new account if HWID banned.

"I am a MW3 30 day user... what can I do?" You can make a ticket for a swap to a different cheat (we give you enough days on a different cheat that matches what you paid for MW2 30 days), time reset (we put you back at 30 days and pause your time), or refund.

"I am a MW3 lifetime user... what can I do?" You should refund your copy of the game via support or other method. As for your lifetime cheat key, please hold onto it if you trust that I'll have the MW3 cheat ready by game launch (I will).

⚠️ I want it on the record right now that bans could still be coming from this detection after I fix the detection. Ricochet delays bans by 3-6 weeks usually, but I've seen them delay bans by up to 8-10 weeks. The detection will be fixed, but you could still see some ban reports in my chats from people who are getting delayed bans from this detection.

In addition to fixing the detection, I will be going through all of the code and harden it against similar detections. PO will be back, stronger than ever. We outlasted all other major providers by several months and plan to do it again.

Those who have been banned, can you please say which platform you play on? I'm playing through Steam and haven't been banned.

2 minutes ago, heymanjack said:

You can ask for a refund because PO was detected. Did you not read the post?

You misunderstood my questioning of your refund. Wish you the best of luck.