Foot pedal and controller

Solidsnake

Question

Solidsnake

Hi, 

I play with a dual sense controller for WZ. As I don’t want to use any of the buttons on my controller for cheats, can I use foot pedals to assign “hot keys” from my keyboard for AA or switching configs? For instance, a triple foot paddle assigned to 5,6,7 for instance.

Any thorough breakdown would be appreciated as I’m a complete newbie in this area. 

thanks 

SS

9 answers to this question

Treasuries

I believe it should be possible. You'd first need to assign new hotkeys to the triple foot paddle and then once you have PO menu opened, go ahead and click on the AA keybind and press one of the foot pedals which you have remapped. It shouldn't be too hard, if that doesn't work then you can try setting the keybind through the keyboard first then remapping and seeing if that yields different results. Otherwise, it might not work.

Solidsnake
5 hours ago, Treasuries said:

I believe it should be possible. You'd first need to assign new hotkeys to the triple foot paddle and then once you have PO menu opened, go ahead and click on the AA keybind and press one of the foot pedals which you have remapped. It shouldn't be too hard, if that doesn't work then you can try setting the keybind through the keyboard first then remapping and seeing if that yields different results. Otherwise, it might not work.

I do wonder if I’m holding the pedal down for AA, can this ever trigger something on their system given I play on controller? Not sure if it’s logs on to their system as I’m not exactly using it for “push to talk” 

Treasuries
1 hour ago, Solidsnake said:

I do wonder if I’m holding the pedal down for AA, can this ever trigger something on their system given I play on controller? Not sure if it’s logs on to their system as I’m not exactly using it for “push to talk” 

I'm not sure, this is a good question. I believe it all depends on what program you're using, a quick search shows that reWASD doesn't and wont run while COD is running due to security measures, I guess? If you plan on using another program to change the keybinds, which is more likely, then you should have no issues. Certain keyboard brands actually include a remapping feature in their software! I'd suggest you start there before finding a 3rd party program. Also, I don't think it should be flagged as long as you use a generic gameplay key, I'm not sure as I have not seen Ricochet reversed but you should be good.

Solidsnake
1 hour ago, Treasuries said:

I'm not sure, this is a good question. I believe it all depends on what program you're using, a quick search shows that reWASD doesn't and wont run while COD is running due to security measures, I guess? If you plan on using another program to change the keybinds, which is more likely, then you should have no issues. Certain keyboard brands actually include a remapping feature in their software! I'd suggest you start there before finding a 3rd party program. Also, I don't think it should be flagged as long as you use a generic gameplay key, I'm not sure as I have not seen Ricochet reversed but you should be good.

Apologies I may have caused a misunderstanding. I don’t know the correct terminologies too well but What I meant was, instead of key binding the PO AA to the controller D-pad, I would bind it to a random number to the keyboard so that would free my controller from having to use existing buttons? 

Treasuries

Oh okay I see, yes it's very much possible. Just that if you need to press the AA key on a foot pedal you would need to remap the keyboard bind to the footpedal itself with a program I believe.

Solidsnake
3 hours ago, Treasuries said:

Oh okay I see, yes it's very much possible. Just that if you need to press the AA key on a foot pedal you would need to remap the keyboard bind to the footpedal itself with a program I believe.

Thanks. If you get the answer to this, please do let me know! I am a newbie and from what I know, rewasd is banned, so not sure of any other “accepted” programs for COD. I’ll have to bind it to the controller for the time being. 

Treasuries
1 hour ago, Solidsnake said:

Thanks. If you get the answer to this, please do let me know! I am a newbie and from what I know, rewasd is banned, so not sure of any other “accepted” programs for COD. I’ll have to bind it to the controller for the time being. 

I found a program named, "JoyToKey". Not sure if it supports foot pedals and whatnot but apparently it doesn't interact with the game at all it just remaps whatever needs remapping and you should be good. I doubt COD would ban you for trying to open it with remapping software as it would lead to a lot of backlash due to being banned for something as stupid as using reWASD.

DaveSmith1234

You tube icemanisaac. He shows you how’s to add a foot pedal and use controller. He used it to push to talk and ping in Warzone. Think it’s a setting that allows you to change a keyboard key to an external device like foot pedal or  controller. 

Solidsnake
2 hours ago, DaveSmith1234 said:

You tube icemanisaac. He shows you how’s to add a foot pedal and use controller. He used it to push to talk and ping in Warzone. Think it’s a setting that allows you to change a keyboard key to an external device like foot pedal or  controller. 

thanks bro. I’ll check his video out again as I may have missed that part! 

6 hours ago, Treasuries said:

I found a program named, "JoyToKey". Not sure if it supports foot pedals and whatnot but apparently it doesn't interact with the game at all it just remaps whatever needs remapping and you should be good. I doubt COD would ban you for trying to open it with remapping software as it would lead to a lot of backlash due to being banned for something as stupid as using reWASD.

I’ll test this out soon and keep you updated. Will be good for other controller players