DMA Hardware

Veper12

Question

Veper12

I am looking at the Cyber Pro Bundle 2 CyberAmmo and they only show the CaptainDma 5th gen coming with CaptainDma firmware. Can this box accept other firmwares or is it acceptable the way it is. I have read the page on the DMA subject 3 times and I think I am just slo, I want to get the best equipment the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Cthulhu
2 hours ago, Veper12 said:

I am looking at the Cyber Pro Bundle 2 CyberAmmo and they only show the CaptainDma 5th gen coming with CaptainDma firmware. Can this box accept other firmwares or is it acceptable the way it is. I have read the page on the DMA subject 3 times and I think I am just slo, I want to get the best equipment the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pre-flashed firmware that comes with CaptainDMA boards is very similar between each build but this can still bypass EAC/BE or weaker anti-cheats for now. You may want to invest in another custom firmware soon if you are using DMA on EAC/BE though. For COD it should be okay for at least awhile.

TL;DR CaptainDMA preflashed firmware should be good for COD, but it's probably best to invest in some safer firmware. However, I'm not sure if CaptainDMA 5th gen can be reflashed with different/external firmware.

Veper12

I read that and understood that, so I guess I should have asked my question better. So If I get the CaptainDma 5th gen with their CaptainDma firmware is it compatible with EAC/BE. My confusion comes from the other boards on the site having multiple options for firmware but the gen 5 only has 1.

Cthulhu
1 hour ago, Veper12 said:

I read that and understood that, so I guess I should have asked my question better. So If I get the CaptainDma 5th gen with their CaptainDma firmware is it compatible with EAC/BE. My confusion comes from the other boards on the site having multiple options for firmware but the gen 5 only has 1.

I recommend sending an email to CaptainDMA here. They can probably provide you with an adequate explanation, since I'm still not understanding your question.