Phone number and possibility for flagging the account ?

hank1990

hank1990

Hello everyone. 

My question is not directly connected to your software, since I was your member, I would like to ask you. I have some confidence in PO so.. 

My account was banned, not because of detection or cheats, I've used your software only few times, but what happened, I got hacked, my account was stolen in the middle of the night. I was stupid enough not to use 2FA, ofcourse activision support doesn't care. 

If I remove my previously used number on that account (from battlenet and activision) and use it on new account, is there any chance I might be flagged from using the same number ? I am playing mw3/wz for quite some time now, but I just don't like using some other number. Can I use my number which was registered to that banned account?

Dracula81

Dont use it!!!,go to Grizzly SMS and verify you Bnet,you dont realy need a phone number after even if you need to recover the account,put a Authent and its safe

hank1990

I've used other number, got another sim card and registered with it, but it's fcking annoying when I have to authentificate my account then have to switch cards in my mobile phone ? 

I don't know why, but in last month and a half I had to authenticate my account 3 times, it happens when I start the game and then it asks me to verify it by sending a code to my number.. Can't really figure why is it happening

• Administrator
7 hours ago, hank1990 said:

I've used other number, got another sim card and registered with it, but it's fcking annoying when I have to authentificate my account then have to switch cards in my mobile phone ? 

I don't know why, but in last month and a half I had to authenticate my account 3 times, it happens when I start the game and then it asks me to verify it by sending a code to my number.. Can't really figure why is it happening

You can try renting a number from a service like SMSPVA or PhoneBlur.

Have you tried just using an authenticator app on your smart phone as the 2FA method? Then you’ll never need to switch to the other SIM card again to verify. 

The best I’ve found is made by Google, its call Google Authenticator on iPhone and Android I believe. Give it a try and you’ll be surprised by how easy it is.

Good Luck!

hank1990
On 1/6/2024 at 12:33 PM, toopur3 said:

Have you tried just using an authenticator app on your smart phone as the 2FA method? Then you’ll never need to switch to the other SIM card again to verify. 

The best I’ve found is made by Google, its call Google Authenticator on iPhone and Android I believe. Give it a try and you’ll be surprised by how easy it is.

Good Luck!

I am using it on my phone for 2FA Activision. But the auth. happens tru battle.net, I have their app also and authentificator, it just asks me to verify thru phone number. Never mind, I'll just keep swapping :D

Seven8nine

I used a previously banned account's phone number from wz2019 and have not had a single issue. Just pulled it from my activision verification and put it on a new account on a clean pc. Just sayin... zero problems and im over level 100 and much more than 300 total games played.

Edited by Seven8nine
accidental submit without finishing