Question about controller setup and use of rewasd

jagger032

Question

I'm eager to try PO, but I'm a controller gamer. And PO doesn't support controller usage primarly. With Rewasd it should work I read on this forum.

I just read on the PO telegram chat that you can select in game for controller and just use rewasd for select the aimbutton from example X to left trigger and that's it.

On this forum I read that you have to select in game for mouse and keyboard and use a rewasd configuration.

So my question is, is it possible to select in game for controller and use rewasd for just the aimkey? Or do you have to make full use of rewasd with a configuration file and select in game for mouse and keyboard to make the aimkey work correctly?

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

I'm stealing the thunder from my users who have already given complete answers to this, but there really isn't a single post that includes all info so I sort of have to.

I do not offer native/direct support for controllers through my cheats. My cheats support mouse and keyboard. But, you can use remapper software REWASD (with the easy tutorial on the loader download page and the config file) to remap to any controller and use the cheat/aimbot with a controller. I will probably not add native controller support, but I might add support for better remappers.

This works exactly like you are using the cheat directly with a controller in the end... just one more easy step.

1 hour ago, NorCalAlex said:

Then why is there a whole section in the tutorial for controller users?

The cheat is designed and coded for Keyboard and mouse with no specific controller support. There is a section for controllers because it's a popular playstyle and once someone found out how to do it they shared and there is a whole section of the community dedicated to controller play

2 hours ago, NorCalAlex said:

Then why is there a whole section in the tutorial for controller users?

Cause it's a config for Rewasd usage. You can use a controller but it isn't native support and only works if you use remap software.

I started a support request about this. 

The current framework doesn't allow for full controller support currently, as I too am a native controller player. 

They stated that they are working on something and will announce soon.

I have been playing around with Xpadder, as I really didn't like Rewasd as it just seemed overkill. I can get the menu to toggle on and off using a controller, but have had no success with the hotkey for the aimbot yet! 

11 minutes ago, AllTheSkill said:

I started a support request about this. 

The current framework doesn't allow for full controller support currently, as I too am a native controller player. 

They stated that they are working on something and will announce soon.

I have been playing around with Xpadder, as I really didn't like Rewasd as it just seemed overkill. I can get the menu to toggle on and off using a controller, but have had no success with the hotkey for the aimbot yet! 

No point, he isn't adding native support - just more remappers later.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:33 PM, zebleer said:
  1. Controller support? - REWASD for now. More remappers later. No native support will be added.

Edited by Aaron