HWID ban

fakeit4real

2 hours ago, Fika said:

A CoD HWID ban will only affect CoD games, no others.

thank you for answering my lasts questions ? aprreciate it!

do you happened to know how long can a VAC Ban on steam can be retroactive for?  i hope i formulated my sentence correctly...

i'm trying to find info online but it varies some say they can vac ban you up to 2-3 years later after you've used software...is that true?

SowkaAtomowka
2 hours ago, fakeit4real said:

thank you for answering my lasts questions ? aprreciate it!

do you happened to know how long can a VAC Ban on steam can be retroactive for?  i hope i formulated my sentence correctly...

i'm trying to find info online but it varies some say they can vac ban you up to 2-3 years later after you've used software...is that true?

VAC bans are permanent, non-negotiable, and Steam Support cannot remove them. If it is determined that the VAC lock has been applied incorrectly, it will be removed automatically. 
I got a perm ban for Beta MW3 and it appeared on Steam as a VAC ban. When the beta ended, I only had the game banned on Steam, but the VAC ban was lifted on steam and perm was lifted from Acti Account.  So if you have a VAC ban on Steam, it means that Activision has not lifted your perm, so the VAC is permanent as a perm from Acti.

If Activision lifted your ban and Steam has u banned still you can link your account to battlenet and play. I just did the opposite. I was banned on Battlenet so I linked to steam.

30 minutes ago, SowkaAtomowka said:

VAC bans are permanent, non-negotiable, and Steam Support cannot remove them. If it is determined that the VAC lock has been applied incorrectly, it will be removed automatically. 
I got a perm ban for Beta MW3 and it appeared on Steam as a VAC ban. When the beta ended, I only had the game banned on Steam, but the VAC ban was lifted on steam and perm was lifted from Acti Account.  So if you have a VAC ban on Steam, it means that Activision has not lifted your perm, so the VAC is permanent as a perm from Acti.

my question was: let's say there's a detection of what you were using and people starting to get banned, how long does it take for you to be sure you survived that ban wave?

14 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

If Activision lifted your ban and Steam has u banned still you can link your account to battlenet and play. I just did the opposite. I was banned on Battlenet so I linked to steam.

my question was: let's say there's a detection of what you were using and people starting to get banned, how long does it take for you to be sure you survived that ban wave?

SowkaAtomowka
6 minutes ago, fakeit4real said:

Hard to say. I'm afraid this may last until the release of MW3. If it wil be in one launcher with MW2, and we have a ban on MW3, we will get it automatically. On the other hand, we got it on the MW3 BETA, so we may not have it in MW3. If it was detected according to the information on PO status information 27/09, almost a month has passed. If it was detected on 12/10, only 10 days had passed. I think that after a month we can be calm about at least MW2, but what will happen in the future - no one knows.