Jump to content

Saving settings


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, david907 said:

do u mind explain how does it works? please!

 

Sure, enter your ideal settings in our menu, then press "Export" in the menu. This saves your menu settings to clipboard. Paste into a notepad and save that file. Copy the contents of the notepad when you want to inject again the press "Import" in the menu.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 3:22 PM, Fika said:

Sure, enter your ideal settings in our menu, then press "Export" in the menu. This saves your menu settings to clipboard. Paste into a notepad and save that file. Copy the contents of the notepad when you want to inject again the press "Import" in the menu.

This is better than nothing, but it would be nice if the exported settings could be saved on the USB for injection. Having to manually copy + import the settings each time seems a little archaic.  We could just save the notepad file in the same directory on the USB as the PO injector. But a total all in one .bat/script or app that actually stores the key/config etc. would be WAY more professional. 

if this user/member can create a .bat script that improves the usability and steps, why not have an official offering from PO that also incorporates settings being saved. 

 

Edited by TheBastard
Link to comment
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, TheBastard said:

This is better than nothing, but it would be nice if the exported settings could be saved on the USB for injection. Having to manually copy + import the settings each time seems a little archaic.  We could just save the notepad file in the same directory on the USB as the PO injector. But a total all in one .bat/script or app that actually stores the key/config etc. would be WAY more professional. 

if this user/member can create a .bat script that improves the usability and steps, why not have an official offering from PO that also incorporates settings being saved. 

 

Our export and import method is designed for security. Having a dedicated save location on your USB for your config creates an extra file scan detection vector for Ricochet.

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Fika said:

Our export and import method is designed for security. Having a dedicated save location on your USB for your config creates an extra file scan detection vector for Ricochet.

Do you feel the same about the user made  .bat script circulating on forum here to streamline logging in process? 

I understand your point, but then wouldn't having a text file saved on system be exactly the same scan risk. Its a very unique file and contents would be a footprint for the PO cheat that could be detected pretty easily. I guess if you are going to save a text file with config info, save it ONLY on USB and and not on local file system. 

Edited by TheBastard
Link to comment
  • Administrator
21 hours ago, TheBastard said:

Do you feel the same about the user made  .bat script circulating on forum here to streamline logging in process? 

I understand your point, but then wouldn't having a text file saved on system be exactly the same scan risk. Its a very unique file and contents would be a footprint for the PO cheat that could be detected pretty easily. I guess if you are going to save a text file with config info, save it ONLY on USB and and not on local file system. 

If the .bat started being widely used then we'd at least release a disclaimer about potential risks to users. We're going to keep our import/export method the same for now, but it's possible it will be adjusted in the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Link to comment
On 12/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, TheBastard said:

This is better than nothing, but it would be nice if the exported settings could be saved on the USB for injection. Having to manually copy + import the settings each time seems a little archaic.  We could just save the notepad file in the same directory on the USB as the PO injector. But a total all in one .bat/script or app that actually stores the key/config etc. would be WAY more professional. 

if this user/member can create a .bat script that improves the usability and steps, why not have an official offering from PO that also incorporates settings being saved. 

 

Already talked to them about making a program that lets a user save their configs and interprets the config to tell you in plain text what your config is but it's a no-go. I might still update the script to copy your config after you paste your key and inject, not sure though

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...