MW2 Steam Game/VAC Ban

TheyCallMeFox

Question

TheyCallMeFox

Hello,

I've used your Cold War cheat for a couple months without any issues, adding that to PO's history I think it's easy to say that this cheat is damn safe, however I'm thinking about grabbing the latest MW2 game on Steam and I know that in the past/older COD games had VAC + (manual) Game Bans which look fking awful on your Steam profile, do you guys know if the Steam bans will be like in the past, where you get the permanent red text on your profile?
If so, then I think I'm better buying it through Battle.NET as there is no such thing "staining" your profile.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

I'm not sure how CoD bans are showing on Steam, but I'm sure it's not good. I recommend using Battle.net for that reason. Bans aren't nearly as serious as on Steam.

TheyCallMeFox

Thank you for the reply, I actually checked on the Steam discussion forums and some people are claiming to have being banned incorrectly, regardless of it's true or not, they do have a Game Ban showing on their profile, so it turns out it's exactly the same as it was for the old CoDs.
With that being said, I'm definitely purchasing the game through Battle.net.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeFox said:

Thank you for the reply, I actually checked on the Steam discussion forums and some people are claiming to have being banned incorrectly, regardless of it's true or not, they do have a Game Ban showing on their profile, so it turns out it's exactly the same as it was for the old CoDs.
With that being said, I'm definitely purchasing the game through Battle.net.

What posts did you see? Doing an investigation myself, I see the exact opposite. That the bans do not seem to be yet shown on the profile. Latest example (15 minutes before I posted this). 

Unless there is a delay before showing to the profile, but still, I see lots of people claiming to be banned, but no ugly red text on profile.

TheyCallMeFox
21 hours ago, Revolution said:

What posts did you see? Doing an investigation myself, I see the exact opposite. That the bans do not seem to be yet shown on the profile. Latest example (15 minutes before I posted this). 

Unless there is a delay before showing to the profile, but still, I see lots of people claiming to be banned, but no ugly red text on profile.

I think there's a delay, perhaps a day or so?
When I originally asked this question here, I searched the discussions for the keyword "ban" and some people (about 50% of the few I looked) had the "Game ban" text on profile and the time "x since last ban(s)" roughly matched to the date of their post.
Examples here and here.

PS: Also looks like some bans were indeed accidental and IW has been reverting a bunch of them, at least according to some posts.

Edited by TheyCallMeFox
6 hours ago, TheyCallMeFox said:

I think there's a delay, perhaps a day or so?
When I originally asked this question here, I searched the discussions for the keyword "ban" and some people (about 50% of the few I looked) had the "Game ban" text on profile and the time "x since last ban(s)" roughly matched to the date of their post.
Examples here and here.

PS: Also looks like some bans were indeed accidental and IW has been reverting a bunch of them, at least according to some posts.

Hmm that might be it. There is probably a delay between the ban issue and the steam acknowledge that the ban actually occured.